Remembering Summer

Friday, February 4, 2011

None At ALL

No Media is definitely difficult.
Turning my phone off was fine.  Leaving my laptop shut was okay.  Not turning the television on... easy.  The only problem was when other people turned that stupid tube of endless media on.  I spent two days at Jeff's and he was totally cool with the fasting.  When he caught up on the news, I just went into the sunroom and he would join me after catching the highlights.  Jeff likes to watch the news quite loud though so it was interesting to attempt to block it out.
Does it count if I was not listening but could still hear?
Other than that I was only caught once.  We were in the city with my parents and a television was playing highlights from a hockey game.  It just happened to be my favorite team.  Oops!  I did not even catch myself until my dad asked why I was watching it.  I honestly did not pay attention to the billboards we passed, but I know I still saw them.
Lesson learned: We cannot separate ourselves from Media without separating ourselves from the world.  No matter where we go in the modern world today there is some form of Media.  I most definitely did my best, and it was not as difficult as I first presumed it would be.  Turning your phone off is NOT HARD people.  Just do it and you will be amazed at how stress free it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment