Remembering Summer

Friday, January 28, 2011

A New Beginning

Because we live in the twenty-first century, I of course had to share my new found joy with the world.  Or at least the world of Facebook composing of only four-hundred people in my friends list.  It was five in the morning and I felt wonderful.  I shot out my little status update proclaiming that the weight had been lifted and I was happy.  I slept for hours after that.  There were no nightmares, no tears in my sleep.  Just peace.
I went to school that day with a smile on my face and a lightness in my step.  All of my friends were so happy to see the new me.  A friend of mine on Facebook, who I had met only once (through my ex no less!) happened to comment on this great joy.  He opened a conversation with me and we began talking.  He wanted to know what the difference was since I had been single for months.  We talked for nearly five hours while I was in class, between class, and then in class again.  We exchanged phone numbers and continued talking.  I do not remember the entire conversation, but we definitely became friends that day.  We learned a great deal about one another.  March was definitely a good month.
After a week or so, we made plans to go see a movie together.  He thought it was his idea... but I implemented it.  What girl wants to go to a scary movie alone??  Before this, we ended up getting together.  I was invited to hang out with him and his buddy at Boston Pizza.  It seemed like a good idea.  It was much more relaxed with his friend there and I was able to see what he was like in that atmosphere.
Our date was definitely a success.  At least in my eyes.  He picked me up, something I had never experienced from a guy before, as sad as that sounds.  We went to see the Crazies and I squeezed his hand to death the entire time.  Afterward we grabbed coffee and went for a walk in the park... for three hours.  After he dropped me off at home, we talked for another two hours.  How could my happiness be any greater?
We hung out again a few times after that.  We went on another couple of dates and I met his parents.  That was an interesting experience... I wont go into details.  Everything was great.  There was only one problem.  Summer was fast approaching and he had yet to ask me out.  I was leaving for Ontario in May.  I was freaking out.  I thought things were going quite great from my perspective.  We were taking it slow, but really?
There was no doubt about a connection in my eyes.  So what was his problem?
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment